Earth Day 2022 - Doing More For Our Planet
Check out some of the MillerKnoll collective's sustainable products - and the pledged goals for 2030 to make a positive impact on the planet!
Featured Products In Photo: Naughtone - Ever Sofa; Herman Miller - Aeron; Muuto - Fiber Chair; Knoll - Generation
As another Earth Day is upon us, it's an excellent time to prioritize how we consume products - and how those products end their respective lifecycle. This importance of a successful 'circular economy' is something MillerKnoll's collective of brands cares deeply about and remains committed to with their own (stylish!) lines of sustainable furniture offerings.
With these Earth-conscious products (and steps towards lower-waste production) MillerKnoll plans to by 2030:
- Reduce Carbon Footprint: Reduce the carbon footprint from its products and operations by 50% and aim to reduce the carbon footprint of its suppliers.
- Design Out Waste: Stop using single-use plastics and substantially reduce all types of waste.
- Source Better Materials: Use 50% or more recycled content and purchase materials that are responsibly and sustainably produced.
Read below from MillerKnoll's CEO, Andi Owen, what some of the brands in the collective are doing for this sustainable cause!
- naughtone recently introduced the Ever Sofa—the brand's first-ever upholstered product made to be easily disassembled and recycled at end of life.
- Muuto recently introduced the Fiber Chair in recycled plastic.
- HAY uses ECO Delivery in partnership with MAERSK for our Europe and APAC ocean transport, which uses a low-carbon fuel certified by the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification.
- Herman Miller continues to divert plastic from the ocean through the integration of ocean-bound plastic in our iconic Aeron Chair, which contains up to 2.5 pounds of mismanaged waste per chair. Together with all use cases, we’re estimating to divert 234 metric tons of plastic from the ocean annually.
- Generation by Knoll was a first-of-its-kind innovation, utilizing a high-performance elastomer Flex Back Net material made with rapidly renewable content derived from 65% corn by-products. ReGeneration incorporates 45% post-consumer recycled content—equating to 215 half-liter plastic bottles in every chair.
- Since Geiger took its first step toward zero waste more than 20 years ago, they reduced annual VOCs from 95 to just 6.5 tons annually. The Geiger community also rallies around river cleanups each year, clearing more than 4,000 pounds of trash.
- Both Herman Miller and Knoll have offered end-of-life programs for over a decade that help customers invest in the circular economy by finding new life for used products.
For 30 years, Bialek has helped clients create productive and inviting spaces with full-service office furniture, interior modular construction, A/V and design services. We are proud to be a Woman-Owned Small Business, and a certified Herman Miller, Knoll, DIRTT, and Planet Partitioning dealership serving clients all across the country, with specialization in the Washington, DC, Maryland, & Virginia area. Click HERE To Visit Us!