Martine McCluskey - Leading Women
We asked our fearless leading women at Bialek what 'words-of-wisdom' they can share as being part of an organization that cultivates female-identifying voices. Read more from our Director of Intellistruct below!
- Describe your leadership style in 3 words. Passionate, Team Focused, Accessible
- How important is it to have a mentor to grow as a leader? Did you have a memorable female mentor when starting out? I would not be here today if it weren’t for my mentor, Jennifer Klein, at the beginning of my career. She led by example and never judged anyone, all while still demanding excellence from her team. Clients and teammates all trusted her to do the right thing and to deliver a quality product!
- Name a favorite woman leader in history - why do you admire her? Margaret Thatcher. She walked and talked in a male dominated world and led a country to prosperity. She never let her gender define her.
- What do you think is the most significant barrier to female leadership? Our own lack of confidence – just do it! I always say, if you don’t ask or try, you will never know.
- Any final words of wisdom to all the other amazing women #Pioneers at Bialek/Intellistruct and beyond? We are in uncharted waters – women are valuable contributors to the project process and we prove this to the world each and every day. It was not this way when I first started, but things have really changed in the construction industry. I am really excited to be a part of this change.
For 30 years, Bialek has helped clients create productive and inviting spaces with full-service office furniture, interior modular construction, A/V and design services. We are proud to be a Woman-Owned Small Business, and a certified Herman Miller, Knoll, DIRTT, and Planet Partitioning dealership serving clients all across the country, with specialization in the Washington, DC, Maryland, & Virginia area. Click HERE To Visit Us!