Amanda Petrusky - Leading Women
We asked our fearless leading women at Bialek what 'words-of-wisdom' they can share as being part of an organization that cultivates female-identifying voices. Read more from our VP Execution Excellence | Director of Design below!
- Describe your leadership style in 3 words. Grounded in Integrity, Listening/Communicative-forward, Encouraging – I strive to allow others to truly see their worth and potential.
- How important is it to have a mentor to grow as a leader? Did you have a memorable female mentor when starting out? I am fortunate to have Joan Bialek and a few other strong women as mentors in my life. I have used the acronym “WWJD” (“What would Joan do?”) when faced with difficult decisions or deciding paths forward. Joan’s leadership has been a compass for many of us - she has been an incredible mentor and inspiration.
- Name a favorite woman leader in history - why do you admire her? I am inspired by Malala Yousafzai; she is steadfast and courageous in the face of fear. She has an abundance of bravery for such a young age. We’ve come a long way in the USA - it’s heartbreaking to see the lack of rights for women in other countries.
- What do you think is the most significant barrier to female leadership? Being held to higher standards than male counterparts.
- Any final words of wisdom to all the other amazing women #Pioneers at Bialek/Intellistruct and beyond? Develop the self-awareness that you are always leading, whether intentional or unintentional. As a leader, you can’t turn off the power of your influence.
For 30 years, Bialek has helped clients create productive and inviting spaces with full-service office furniture, interior modular construction, A/V and design services. We are proud to be a Woman-Owned Small Business, and a certified Herman Miller, Knoll, DIRTT, and Planet Partitioning dealership serving clients all across the country, with specialization in the Washington, DC, Maryland, & Virginia area. Click HERE To Visit Us!